MV breakdown cover...

ArtistsRifles

After the last two abortive attempts to get little Maud back home I got to thinking. Dangerous I know but....

Does anyone know of a company that ofers the same cover RoadSure used to for MV breakdown and recovery????

I've been loking around but with no success thus far and am considering writing to FJ to see if they could come up with the same sort of deal RoadSure used to have for their policy holders...

After the last two abortive attempts to get little Maud back home I got to thinking. Dangerous I know but....

Does anyone know of a company that ofers the same cover RoadSure used to for MV breakdown and recovery????

I've been loking around but with no success thus far and am considering writing to FJ to see if they could come up with the same sort of deal RoadSure used to have for their policy holders...

Roadsure still offer the policy dont they?.I payed for it in March on renewal.

I renewed my breakdown cover in June, despite moving the vehicle policies away some weeks prior to this. I did point this out when I renewed, they did not have any problem. Of course they may restrict this to existing breakdown policies. Is it worth writing or emailing them for a definitive response, rather than taking pot luck with whoever you get on the phone?

Thats what they told me last May Neil, we have discussed this in a previous thread but nobody came up with anything other than the usual breakdown services, Green Flag etc.

I recall that thread Degsy - what prompted this question was a(admittelfy vague) recollection of seeing a sign-written van floating about at W&P - said sign-writing seeming to indicate the owners were into a MV form of RAC/AA/Green Flag type of business. Unfortunately when I last saw it meaning to take a note of the name and number I was on the Can-Am which made it impracticable.... Regretted it ever since!!

I renewed my breakdown cover in June, despite moving the vehicle policies away some weeks prior to this. I did point this out when I renewed, they did not have any problem. Of course they may restrict this to existing breakdown policies. Is it worth writing or emailing them for a definitive response, rather than taking pot luck with whoever you get on the phone?

Might be - although I have a sneaky suspicion that they no longer wanted my business after the incident last Oct. - for sure the renewal quotes I got in March were ridiculously high and they said KGM would not touch tracked vehicles. Which is funny because when I contacted FJ they were only to happy to take my business for both the Stalwart and the OT - and place it with KGM again - at the rates I was expecting to pay...

As a side thought - does anyone think there might be a call for such a service?

Me being unemployed - and by the looks of it unemployable due to age and the fact the industry has off-shored most of the work I do to India - it could be an opening for sort of self-employment starting such a buiness

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Neil had the same problem when I tried to renew my breakdown cover with Roadsure. Now Roadsure use Autohome Assistance for their breakdown cover, if you call them direct on 0800 371 280 you can take out the same cover direct with Autohome and its cheaper for the same level of cover than if you went via Roadsure. :-D

Neil had the same problem when I tried to renew my breakdown cover with Roadsure. Now Roadsure use Autohome Assistance for their breakdown cover, if you call them direct on 0800 371 280 you can take out the same cover direct with Autohome and its cheaper for the same level of cover than if you went via Roadsure. :-D

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Many thanks kind sir - I'll ring them tomorrow morning and get the Stalwart covered. This will give great peace of mind for the forthcoming journey home - whenever it will happen!!!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Many thanks kind sir - I'll ring them tomorrow morning and get the Stalwart covered. This will give great peace of mind for the forthcoming journey home - whenever it will happen!!!

So what's the news Neil... did they cover you.. how much:confused:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Autohome's "Classic Commercial Vehicle" policy gone up to £95 for the 3.5 - 16 ton policy cover :)

Restrictions are as before: must be 1 mile from "home" and limit £1,000 per year.

Home can include 2 addresses if you store it at one place and live elsewhere eg stops you getteing recovered from store to "home" :cool2: - not an unreasonable restriction in their case, you can see their point

They will get back to me to explain what happens if long distance recovery costs >£1,000 :shake:

• 10 months later...
Autohome's "Classic Commercial Vehicle" policy gone up to £95 for the 3.5 - 16 ton policy cover :)

Restrictions are as before: must be 1 mile from "home" and limit £1,000 per year.

Home can include 2 addresses if you store it at one place and live elsewhere eg stops you getteing recovered from store to "home" :cool2: - not an unreasonable restriction in their case, you can see their point

They will get back to me to explain what happens if long distance recovery costs >£1,000 :shake:

Just to let you all know their pricing is the same today (05/03/2010)

Does anyone know where to get European cover ?

Thanks,Gary